Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 12 - drive to Salinas

After a running the morning, I packed up the car and head to woodland hills for a little lunch with my mom and brother before hitting the road for Salinas. Salinas is about 400k north of Los Angeles. It's a small city in the heart of California's agriculture. It's about 20k from the Sea Otter race site. It's a less expensive lodging option to Monterey.

Less is more you might say. So far I have ridden around the city and its got that east west difference Vancouver is aware of. The east is predominately Hispanic and the west is malls and suburban living white folks. The pickup trucks like to give you as little room as possible while the other drivers seem to be ok with me on the road.

Gotta say that the food is really good and fresh. Strange but I just had the best baked potato of my life. Aggi area :)

No comments:

Post a Comment